Mostly because of my stubborness in not reading the manual (RTFM…), it took a bit to figure out how to get emails working. I’m going to assume the Pandora host machine has postfix setup correctly, if not, follow this setup on Pandora’s documentation.
- Create an action
- Create an alert
Steps to Follow
Here’s the quick and dirty on getting email alerts setup:
- Go to Administration on the left Nav bar and click on Manage Alerts, then Actions.
- Then click Create on the right
- Next, we need to configure out action:
- After that we’ll need to go back to Manage Alerts and create a new Alert.
- Choose the agent you want to apply the alert to.
- Select the module that you’d like to trigger the alert (e.g. Free Memory)
- Select Template (I chose Critical Condition)
- Actions = Choose your action you created above (Mail to Ryan).
- Number of Alerts to Match
- I set mine to 0 to 1 so that 0 being the first time it happens, it will trigger an alert, and will do so only once. You could set it at 10-20 which would be it needing to be critical 10 times before it triggers an alert then will do it for the next 10.
- Threshold of time before it triggers the alert.
- Press Add Alert and you’re done.
Testing the Alert