Assuming you’ve setup email alerts, one of the first things I wanted to monitor was if my agent was no longer updating.
To do this:
- On the left Nav bar, go to Administration->Manage Monitoring->Manage Agents.
- Find your agent, and click the link for Modules below the agent name.
- At the top, press create (leave it on the default “Create a new data server module”
- Most of this can be left at default settings, just call the module what you’d like (e.g. MyKeepAlive) and choose the Type as KeepAlive then press save.
- Now that we have a module to monitor the status of the agent, we can create an alert for it.
- Follow these steps and choose MyKeepAlive as the module name with a status of Critical and you’ll get an email when the agent is no longer updating.
NOTE: If you notice there will be a little yellow triangle stating it’s a non-initialised module. This is normal, refresh the screen and you should be good.